What is Rewards Conversion?
Your Rapid Rewards®
Points, Credits, and Awards, and your A+ Rewards®
Credits can be converted and redeemed for flights on either Southwest Airlines®
our wholly owned subsidiary. That means you will now have even more travel destinations to choose from, including Mexico and the Caribbean. To learn more about Rewards Conversion, visit the Program Updates
Is there a fee to convert my rewards?
No, there is no fee to convert rewards.
Am I eligible to participate in the Rewards Conversion program?
You have to be a Member of both
Rapid Rewards and A+ Rewards and have an active currency balance in one of your accounts to participate in Rewards Conversion. If you are not already a Member:
Where do I go to transfer?
- Go to southwest.com® and enter your username or your Rapid Rewards number and your password under "Account Login".
- Once logged in to your account, click on the "My Account" link under your name in the welcome message box on the right.
- Once inside your Rapid Rewards account, click on the "My Rapid Rewards" tab. Next, select the "Transfer Between A+ Rewards
Rapid Rewards" button on the left side of the page, or select the link from the dropdown menu in the "Quick Links" section.
What is the rewards exchange rate?
Transferring Rapid Rewards to A+ Rewards:
- 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points = 1 A+ Rewards Credit1
- 1 Rapid Rewards Credit = 1 A+ Rewards Credit2
- 1 Standard Award = 16 A+ Rewards Credits3
- 1 Freedom Award = 32 A+ Rewards Credits4
Transferring A+ Rewards to Rapid Rewards:
- 1 A+ Rewards Credit = 1 Rapid Rewards Credit5
How will I know if points/credits/Awards are transferred to and from my account?
Viewing your transfer in your Rapid Rewards account:
Within the "Snapshot" tab, click on the "View All My Points" button in the "Recent Points Activity" section on the left.
Note: This section will show all points, credits, and Awards transfers.
From the "Rewards Activity Details" page, you can filter all of your reward transfers. The page will display the date, description of the transfer, and amount of the transfer. Make sure that you have the "Reward Transfer" box checked when filtering your search.
Viewing your transfer in your A+ Rewards account:
Click on the "My Rewards
" tab on the left side of the page and view the "A+ Rewards Statement
" section to see your transactions.
When do my transferred points, credits, and Awards expire?
Transferring Rapid Rewards into A+ Rewards:
When converting Rapid Rewards Points into A+ Rewards Credits, the expiration date of newly created A+ Rewards Credits will be one year from the date of creation.
When converting Rapid Rewards Credits into A+ Rewards Credits, the expiration date of newly created A+ Rewards Credits will be the same as the original expiration date of the Rapid Rewards Credits transferred.
When converting active Rapid Rewards one-way Award Certificates into A+ Rewards Credits, the expiration date of newly created A+ Rewards Credits will remain the same as the original expiration date on the Award/Certificate.
Transferring A+ Rewards into Rapid Rewards:
When transferring A+ Rewards Credits into Rapid Rewards Credits, the expiration date of newly created Rapid Rewards Credits will be the same as the original expiration date of the A+ Rewards Credits converted.
How often can I make transfers?
Members can make as many transfers as desired, but only one type of reward (points, credits, or Awards) can be transferred
Can I cancel my transaction after I've converted my rewards?
No, once your transaction has been confirmed, you cannot cancel or reverse the transaction. You can always transfer the reward back to the original program in a new transaction, but note that Rapid Rewards Points transferred into A+ Rewards Credits
cannot be transferred back into Rapid Rewards as points.
How quickly will the points/credits/Awards appear in the account I transferred them into?
Your transfer should be immediate but, in some cases, could take up to 24 hours to update in your account.
Do points/credits/Awards transferred via Rewards Conversion qualify toward
Rapid Rewards A-List, A-List Preferred, Companion Pass, or A+ Rewards Elite status?
Currency transfers will not count toward Elite status in either program. Points or credits earned by qualifying flight or Partner activity will count toward Elite status in the program in which they were earned.
How can I book an Award in either program?
Booking your Award in Rapid Rewards:
If you have accumulated at least 16 credits in your Rapid Rewards account, these will automatically convert into a Standard Award. Standard Awards on Southwest Airlines are good for one roundtrip flight.
To view your available Awards, log in to your Rapid Rewards account and click on the "My Rapid Rewards" tab.
Locate the "View My Old Credits and Awards" button on the left side of the page.
Find "View Full List" and click "Go" to view all of your available Awards.
Click on the "Book a Flight" link at the top if you are ready to book an Award.
Booking your Award in A+ Rewards:
Credits in the A+ Rewards Program do not automatically generate an Award. Once you earn the amount of credits required for redemption, you may redeem your credits for the desired Award type.
To book your Award, log in to your A+ Rewards account and click on "Book A Reward Flight" on the left side of the page. Next, follow the instructions on the page to complete your Award booking.
Some examples of what you can redeem your credits for in the A+ Rewards Program are:
- One-way Business Class upgrade—requires 4 credits for redemption. Roundtrip requires 8 credits.
- One-way Coach ticket—requires 8 credits for redemption. Roundtrip requires 16 credits.
- One-way Business Class ticket—requires 16 credits for redemption. Roundtrip requires 32 credits.
Is my Rapid Rewards Companion Pass valid for Companion travel on AirTran Airways?
No, Rapid Rewards Companion Pass travel is only offered on Southwest Airlines flights and is not valid for use on AirTran Airways.
How do I earn more credits if I don’t have enough for an Award in Rapid Rewards after my Rewards Conversion?
To create an Award using your existing credits, you will need to supplement them with points from the new program. To view how many credits you have and how many points are needed to convert to an Award:
- To view your available Awards, log in to your Rapid Rewards account and click on the "My Rapid Rewards" tab.
- Locate the "View My Old Credits and Awards" button on the left side of the page. Here you will see a personalized chart showcasing your credit total and how many points are needed in order to convert to an Award. Example: If you have 12 credits, you will need to convert 4,800 points from your Rapid Rewards account into 4 credits to create an Award.
- If you have enough points, follow the instructions on how to convert them into an Award.
- The orange Convert button will not appear until you have enough points to convert to an Award.
- To see how long your existing credits will be active, click the "View All Expiration Dates" link under the credits bar.
Don’t have enough points to equal an Award? No problem. You can:
- Transfer more credits from your A+ Rewards account.
- Purchase the points needed to supplement the credits in order to convert to your Award. To purchase points, click on the "Purchase Points" link to the right under "Short on Points?" within your Rapid Rewards account.